If you require a drawn plan, this I can do for you, its important that we acknowledge and interpret your design into the theme of your garden. There are many themes that incorporates garden design, and here are the following options you may consider.
- Low Maintenance ( Grasses, Succulents, rocks and Peebles)
- English Contemporary Garden (Box Hedging, Topiary, Pond, Statues)
- Edible Garden (Fruit and Nuts)
- Scented Garden (Gardenias, Jasmine, Ornamental Ginger)
- Tropical (Lillys, Ginger, Gardenias, Calla, Canna, Jasmine and Bromeliads, Cycads, Palms)
- Cottage (Perennials, Flowering Lavender, Rosemary, Wild Jasmine, and Geraniums)
- Native ( Cabbage Trees, Corokias, Coprosma, Flax, Totara, Kauri, Renga Renga, Carex Grasses )
- and many moreOther things to consider :
- Bird attraction
- Pond or Swimming pool
- Walkways – Paths
- Feature items
- Feature Trees
- The colour of your house
- Position of the sun, wind, and water
- The choices are endless, and the garden should reflect you and the place that you live.Do you want a ground cover base ?
- Mulch (My preference)
- Weed-mat (After a while will sour soil as does not allow the important nutrients to get to the plants)
- Stones or Pebbles
- Bark (Drains nitrogen from the soil will need to feed and fertilise – Mulch is better)Remember what you choose from the four above can sometimes effect what you plant, so you must not only be careful when considering the type of garden you want, but also what you put down as the base.
My Design Fee:
$75.00 per hour
Includes a drawn plan, plant selection and placement, and consultancy, based on the hourly rate.